Here are some tips you can follow for maintaining an updated, streamlined closet.
- Sort through your closet and donate anything you haven’t worn in two years to a local charity. There are few things as satisfying as cleaning your closet and helping someone else at the same time!
- Determine which items need repair, cleaning, or pressing. It may be helpful to make a chart listing item, color, style, state of wear, and any repairs or cleaning needed. You can take this chart with you when you go shopping to help make rounding out your wardrobe easier.
- If you have an old skirt that you love but that is seriously out-of-date, considering shortening the garment to give it a new, fresh look.
- Coordinate new outfits. Maybe the jacket you received as a birthday present is the perfect match for those new suede pants. Coordinate several new outfits and arrange your closet in a way that’s convenient for you.
- Don’t forget to inspect your shoes and boots. Have heels and soles replaced as necessary. Remember that ill-fitting shoes can cause misery for your feet and entire body.
Now that your closet is in great shape, keep it that way. Clean your clothes regularly. Using sachets for your drawers and cedar blocks for your closet will help keep your clothes fresh smelling, moth-free, and a pleasure to wear!