Condos and apartments in the Boston and Cambridge area often do not have washer/dryer hookups. Residents will either use a wash and fold service or do their laundry at a laundromat. For many years, Sarni Cleaners has provided wash and fold service with free pickup and delivery to the Greater Boston community. Recently, we have also opened a laundromat in our South End store with all new eco-friendly washers and dryers to serve this need. In this article, we would like to provide you with some tips for doing your laundry efficiently at the laundromat.
- Commercial machines usually have larger capacity, so you should plan your laundry loads accordingly.
- Always sort your laundry at home. You'll save time and have more space to do it. Use different color laundry bags for whites and darks.
- Save money by bringing your own detergent and other products. Single load products like gel-pacs may be more expensive but more convenient to use.
- Do not put dirty laundry on folding tables. They are for clean clothes. Load them directly into the washer.
- Read the instructions on the machines before using them.
- Check the inside of the washer and dryer to make sure that there are no leftover clothing from the last user. If the appliance is stained, report to the store manager.
- Don't leave your laundry unattended during the wash cycle.
- You can also separate lighter clothing and sheets from heavier items such as jeans and towels for drying. The lighter clothing dry faster and you can save money and energy by doing this.
- Before using the dryer, make sure the lint trap is clean. Your clothes will dry faster.
- Give each garment a quick shake before putting it into the dryer. It will dry more quickly and with less wrinkles.
- Check that you have everything in before starting the cycle. Avoid opening the dryer during the cycle as it will lose heat and time.
- Fold or hang garments immediately after drying. This will reduce creases and save time with ironing.
Two more tips: Going to the laundromat during slow periods such as midday will reduce the wait, and on rainy days, bring a plastic bag such as a garbage bag to keep your clean clothes dry when you bring them home.
Following the above tips will save you time using the laundromat. But if you are really too busy for laundry, don't forget that Sarni Cleaners offers professional wash and fold service in Boston, Cambridge, Lynnfield and Everett. Either bring your laundry to the store or call for our pickup and delivery service. We are always here to help your look your best!